Caden’s mission is to create an equitable and fair data economy online by giving users ownership of their personal data, the ability to securely control it, and various ways to put it to work to create value with brands they trust, while always preserving their privacy.
We’re led by industry veterans, backed by powerhouse investors (almost $25M raised from top venture capital firms), and crewed by the brightest minds in the game. We exist to make the internet a better place for all.
We are seeking a dynamic and creative individual to fill the role of Economist Analyst. We are seeking someone with a flair for turning complex data into compelling narratives and then presenting and storytelling to various media outlets.
As Caden’s Economic Analyst, you will be responsible for crafting engaging stories from our data and disseminating them through various channels, including blog posts, media outlets, and collaborations with reporters. If you are passionate about markets & economics, story-telling, have excellent communication skills, and enjoy bridging the gap between technical solutions and customer needs, we encourage you to apply.
This position will report directly to the VP of Product. You will also collaborate daily with our data team (VP of Data, Data Scientists & Engineers) and marketing leaders to investigate campaign trends, construct business insights, and recommend proactive measures.
- Transform raw data into compelling and accessible narratives that resonate with diverse audiences.
- Develop content for blog posts, media outlets, and marketing initiatives, ensuring that data stories align with our brand and messaging.
- Proactively seek out relevant and interesting data points, demonstrating a knack for finding unique and attention-grabbing information.
- Bring a creative touch to data storytelling, including the ability to inject humor and cheekiness into content.
- Apply macro econometric techniques to experimental and observational data to isolate causal effects and identify underlying mechanisms (e.g., difference-in-differences, synthetic control, ARIMA forecasting, clustering and PCA).
- Identify new projects and areas of focus for the team by establishing relationships with stakeholders and proactively understanding their needs and challenges.
- Represent findings and develop and present externally-facing documents to increase the visibility of our work.
What You’ve Done
- Bachelor’s (Advanced degree preferred) in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or a related field.
- Proven experience (4+ years) in data storytelling, with a portfolio showcasing creative and impactful work.
- Strong research skills and the ability to extract compelling narratives from complex data sets.
- Robust technical skill set in econometric and statistical competence, with experience delivering statistically significant and empirical results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor messages to different audiences.
- Collaborative mindset and experience working cross-functionally with marketing, data, and product teams.
- Comfortable with public speaking and media interactions.
- Familiarity with economic analysis and the ability to generate insightful economic outlooks.
- A creative thinker who can bring fresh perspectives to data storytelling.
- Join a forward-thinking company that is at the forefront of innovation in data intelligence.
- Opportunity to make a significant impact on our sales strategy and customer engagement
- Collaborative in an inclusive work environment that encourages innovation and artistic growth.
- Competitive compensation package with performance-based incentives.
- Professional development opportunities, workshops, and conferences to enhance your skills.
- Health & Commuter Benefits.
- Hybrid work arrangements.
This role will work (Hybrid, 3 days a week) out of our SoHo based Manhattan office.
Salary: $125,000 - 190,000 base. Salary may vary based on experience.
If you are passionate about weaving stories from data, have a keen eye for creativity, and enjoy the intersection of economics and storytelling, we invite you to apply for the role of Economist.
Caden is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.
** There is currently no relocation and/or visa (immigration) assistance provided for this position.